There’s nothing like having a great beauty regimen that makes you feel refreshed. It’s even better to have a great set of products you can rely on to help you achieve this. So I’ve chosen some of my favorite products that I am totally obsessed with that not only perform, but address a lot of concerns most women have. Whether it’s dry skin or that annoying pimple that conveniently appears the day before your best friend’s wedding that you’re a bridesmaid in, I’m sure you will find something on this list that can solve your beauty dilemma. Your search is over! Go ahead and pick your product!
1) Makeup Remover: The winner for the most efficient makeup remover wipes goes to hydrating wipes by Neutrogena! These wipes literally remove EVERY trace of makeup, even that stubborn waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Some wipes have a tendency to strip the skin while removing makeup, but Neutrogena has created a formula that actually hydrates and moisturizes the skin to prevent dryness especially those of us with combination or dry skin. This product can be found at your local drugstore (I suggest Walmart to save a lil cash *smile*).
2) Face Cleanser: The Clarisonic Brush is probably one my favorite products. My experience in the spa industry taught me that using one’s hands to wash your face simply doesn’t cut it beauties! Even using makeup remover wipes like the ones I previously mentioned only removes dirt and makeup on the surface of the skin. Due to our skin being exposed to so many pollutants on a daily basis, you need a product that cleanses the skin thoroughly especially the pores which is why I am in love with the Clarisonic Brush. It uses sonic technology to give you better and healthier skin. This product comes in two sizes. A mini size called the “Mia” that is strictly for your face and a larger size for your face and body. Although it is expensive, just think of it as an investment. Remember the skin is your largest organ, so you must take care of it!
3) Mask: Facial masks are also a great way to keep unwanted breakouts at bay. To avoid drying your skin out, I suggest limiting your use of masks to once or twice a week. I recommend Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask. It not only removes toxins from the skin, but it also minimizes the size of pores. I use several products from Origins’ line and have seen amazing results. They have a variety of products that cater to all skin types which is important when looking for a product that will be effective. Tip: Use a mask 2-3 days before any big event you’re attending ( i.e. wedding, parties, interview etc.).
4) Acne Spot Treatment: Pimples, pimples, pimples! Every woman’s skin nightmare, which is why I looked all over for something that would combat those bumps that appear over night at times. The reasons for sudden breakouts vary from an allergic reaction, to an excess of oil on the skin. I use Kate Somerville’s Eradicate Acne Treatment to help as a spot treatment. Simply wash your face and apply the product to the pimple/blemish and leave it on overnight. Try it out beauties!
5) Foot Cream: Summer is here and that means you can finally pull out those fabulous sandals you’ve been dying to wear. It also means that you have to show your feet some extra love and care because dry feet is a problem we don’t want and is also one that is easy to solve! Most of us experience dryness on the heels and balls of our feet. To eradicate this issue, use True Blue Spa’s Shea It Isn’t So Foot Cream. I have been using this product for a couple of years and it is amazing! It treats dry skin, rather than just covering it up and contains Shea butter as well as eucalyptus.
6) Nails: Summertime calls for fresh manicures and bright colors! The downside for most women when getting a manicure is the amount of time it takes for nails to dry and depending on the texture of your polish, you have to be extra careful, even after you’re dry to avoid smudges! While working in a medical day spa, I discovered a little weapon that not only fights smudges and chips, but also decreases the amount of time you have to spend drying your nails. This is a must have for your nail kit. I use Seche Vite’s Top Coat. It gives you a beautiful and glossy finish and will extend the life of your manicure.