It is hard to believe how fast 2014 went by. Expect the promises of God for your life to be accelerated in 2015. As you set goals for this year, I want you to look at the goals you set at the beginning of 2014. How many of those goals were accomplished? Did any of those goals make it onto this year’s list? As you ponder those goals, think about which ones are vital to your success. God desires us to be successful in every arena of life. That includes your temple that Jesus resides in. The key to seeing acceleration in your fitness goals becoming reality this year, is how focused you stay in a world full of noise and distractions.
So here’s what I think: The best thing you can do right now is to finish what you started last year and not let those good intentions grow stale. Your heart’s been in the right place all along. You’ve got what it takes to finish it up, so go to it. Once commitment is clear, you do what you can, not what you can’t (2 Corinthians 8:10-11 MSG).
Action for the Week
What can you stop or start this week that will free up more time to focus on your goal to a healthier you?
To inspire you, here’s my list:
- TELEVISION: Preacher’s of L.A. and my other favorite shows are all on a break, so I go to bed early to ensure enough sleep.
- PRAYER: I give God the first part of my day and acknowledge the Holy Spirit’s presence in my life. This allows me to handle whatever happens during the day.
- WATER: Other than a protein shake after a workout, the only thing I drink during the day is water.
- NO EXCUSES: Regardless of how I feel or what distractions come up during a day, I never allow an excuse to stop me from being active.
- EATING OUT: There are more than 10,000 restaurants in Houston and I like to eat, but bad eating habits create negative physical results.
- EARLY PREP: I prepare all my food for the week on Sunday after church and keep my gym bag in the truck.
- MUSIC: Create the playlist necessary to keep you motivated during a workout routine.
- COMPARING: I refuse to compare myself or the time it took to complete a workout to anyone else. The minute I start comparing, I’ve lost focus on the goal.
I believe that 2015 is going to be the best year of your life, but you have to believe that for yourself. Your current physical status exists because you first made a choice about something. Choose to remain focused regardless what comes your way. Make the decision today to do fewer things more often and get better at them.
Darren Hardy said it best in his book The Compound Effect, “Real and lasting success requires work-and lots of it!” Staying focused in this chaotic world is going to take work. Thank God you have a helper and his name is Jesus!
Say this prayer out loud every morning to start your day.
God I thank You today according to Colossians 1:11 that I will be strengthened with all Your glorious power. So that I will have the endurance and patience needed to face whatever may come my way. Lord fill me with Your joy today in Jesus name I pray, AMEN.