This month, we’ve been dealing with some hard issues that define our present faith. You may have read my recent review on Dr. Michael Brown’s new book Can You Be Gay and Christian? But LGBQT issues are not the only issues we have on our plate as the Body of Christ. Jesus is coming back for a Bride without spot and we will find ourselves everlastingly tainted if we do not deal with these “big three” issues in a godly manner: 1) abortion, 2) gay marriage, and 3) human/child/sex trafficking.
Now I purposed to write this piece over a month ago. But in between, my resolve has been strengthened since reading The Spiritual Warrior’s Guide to Defeating Jezebel by Jennifer LeClaire. What I realised was that the big three are all derived from the same spirit: Jezebel.
[I]dolatry tends to lead to immorality of all sorts, from sexual sins to drugs to human trafficking to various demon-inspired rituals. This is Jezebel’s domain. Jezebel uses Babylon to forward its wicked agenda. (Defeating Jezebel pg. 70)
Romans 1:18-32 backs this statement up as well as Revelation 2.
Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent.Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works. Now to you I say, and to the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not have this doctrine, who have not known the depths of Satan, as they say, I will put on you no other burden. (Revelation 2:20-24)
There you have it: the problem and the solution! But we’ll touch on this a little later.
And in case you’re still wondering about this connection, allow me to further break it down.
- Abortion is nothing more than a sadity version of child sacrifice which God forbids. It’s pure murder for the sake of convenience and it’s also an offering to the false god and anti-Christ Baal (a.k.a. Moloch, Chemosh).
- Homosexuality and gay marriage is idolatry, perversion, lust, and a warping of God’s crowning creation–humanity (the image of God)–and His model for marriage. It was also commonly practiced in Queen Jezebel’s day as actual temple idolatry done unto Baal. There is also a distinct tie between eunuchs, who cannot reproduce, and homosexuals, who also do not naturally reproduce.
- Human trafficking, largely known as sex trafficking, is another version of [forced] sexual immorality that devalues human life. And trafficking was as rife in Queen Jezebel’s day as it is in our’s.
The truth of the matter is that we cannot promote or even remain silent in the face of Jezebel’s intricate and multi-faceted agenda and still have the nerve to call ourselves the Church of the Living God. These big three make or break our faith.
Oh yes, we need salvation. We need the Holy Ghost. We need to know God in the suffering of His death and the power of His resurrection. We need to disciple the nations and demonstrate the Word with signs and wonders. But what if there had been no William Wilberforce to champion abolition in the 1800s? Can a person who owns slaves–or does nothing about the trade of them–truly call themself a Christian? Can a man who buys a child or woman online, supports the LGBQT agenda, or allows a child to be murdered in the womb truly call himself a Christian? The answer to all of the above is no. God gives forgiveness to all who ask honestly, yet He calls us to be holy as He is holy. And guess what? His grace is sufficient.
The strongholds of Jezebel in our society are old and prominent; their foundations deep and their walls well-guarded. But our mandate is to tear them down just the same.
See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out and to pull down, to destroy and to throw down, to build and to plant. (Jeremiah 1:10)
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled. (II Corinthians 10:4-6)
Every Scripture presented in this article has one common theme: the utter INtolerance of Jezebel and her agenda.
The mantle upon Elijah and Jehu was the anointing to KILL Jezebel–in body and spirit. Jesus Himself commanded the Church at Thyatira to do nothing but uproot and eradicate that spirit from the Church. He also threw her–and her children–into a sickbed unto death. Now before you go all “right wing watch” on me, this is not a call to physical arms or the radical killing of human beings. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal; however, they do deal very real blows to these carnal strongholds when wielded properly. Yet this also doesn’t mean that our effort starts and ends with prayer. To battle this agenda we must do the following:
- PRAY. Without God’s leading, we will lose these battles without question. And DO NOT go after Jezebel by yourself. Unless it’s on a personal level, you go in unity under verified apostolic and prophetic authority, where there is the protection of submission and the commanded blessing of God.
- DISCUSS. Discuss these matters with your loved ones and acquaintances. How can they hear unless they have a preacher? It’s time to be the salt and light.
- VOTE. This should be self-explanatory, but frankly, our community seems to have a serious comprehension problem in this department so I’ll be abundantly clear: DON’T VOTE FOR GODLESS INDIVIDUALS WHO SUPPORT THESE AGENDAS!!!!! Case closed.
One person aborted, trafficked, or enslaved to sexual perversion is too many. The Bride of Christ isn’t a damsel in distress. She’s a warrior queen clad in the Armor of God, wielding the Sword of the Spirit, with the God of Israel as her rear guard. And she does NOT negotiate with terrorists!