Inspiring and empowering you to live out the Gospel…Today.
Welcome to Gospel Today!
For more than 20 years, Gospel Today readers like you have made Gospel Today a trusted resource for inspiration, education, information, and empowerment. After more than two decades in print, Gospel Today continues to serve readers through our digital platform and we invite you to join us in asking and answering the ageless question: How do we live out the Gospel today?
If you’ve made the transition with us from print to digital, we are most grateful. If you’re new to Gospel Today altogether, we welcome you with open arms as well!
WHO WE ARE
- Gospel-centered: The Good News about Jesus as revealed in Scripture informs our lives.
- Urban-conscious: We relate to and feel called to serve the Urban Christian community.
To provide a place for the Gospel Today Community to create, share via social media, and engage in meaningful discussions on relevant issues from a Christian worldview.
Our Ideal Reader
A person who loves Gospel Today wants more from their life than they’ve seen in their context and they believe that God, through the principles of Scripture, has provided a roadmap to a more satisfying life than what culture or religion offers. The Gospel Today enthusiast is an outsider in their context—though they live, love, and serve with people whom they love and are committed to, they also acknowledge a deep gnawing for a different conversation; one that is filled with meaning and possibility; one that is relevant to today and inline with their core identity as a Christ-follower.
All of the columnist, contributor, and guest writer pieces fall into one of the below sub-categories.
- Dear Young Leaders by Pastor Chris Hill
- Prayer Connect by Dexter Sullivan
- The Walk: Topics affecting personal walk as a Christian, sharpening, growing, maturing, etc.
- Church: Issues affecting local churches and universal Church.
- Leaders: Leadership development, news related to pastors and leaders.
- Career: Business, entrepreneurship, productivity, and success.
- Health: Physical and mental health, fitness, and nutrition.
- Relationships: Marriages, singlehood, children, dating, friendships, and families.
- Financially Fit with Marquay Baul
- Activate Your Wealth! by LaShawne Holland
- Money Matters: Financial stewardship.
Lifestyle & Women’s Interests
- The Imperfect Balance by LaKeisha S. Fleming
- The Filling Station by Lauren Jones
- Eye on Style by Rochelle Johnson
- Shower Me Chic by Melinda Watts
- Music: Music, artists, and events.
- Film/TV: Films, TV shows, and media.
- Books: Books impacting culture.
- Technology: Technological advances, trends, etc.
- News: Top news items, especially those impacting Christians.
- Politics: Political hot topics.
- Global: Current events.
For a full list of our writers, please visit our Contributors Page.
OUR TOP POSTS
If you are new to Gospel Today, you might want to start with our most popular posts. Here are our top three in each category:
- When Jesus Say No, Nobody Can ‘Say Yes (Desiree M. Mondesir)
- Good Ole’ Church Music: Ricky Dillard & New G’s 25th Anniversary Recording (Nate Rodgers)
- Real Talk with DiShan Washington, Cast Member of Preachers’ Exes (Kimberly N. Yancy)
- 3 Sharks that Kill Young Leaders (Pastor Chris Hill)
- How to Pray Power-Packed Prayers (Dexter Sullivan)
- Praying More Effectively, Part I (Dexter Sullivan)
- What Are You Wearing on Your Wedding Day? (Lynne C. Parker)
- Sexually Test Drive Your Mate?? (Kenny Pugh)
- God’s Good Girls (Kenny Pugh)
- Money Doesn’t Cheat, Peoples Do (LaShawne Holland)
- Budget Breakers: Why the “Little” Things Add Up (Kenny Pugh)
- WATCH: Financial Architect, LaShawne Holland, Chats with Gospel Today (Roland Hairston, LaShawne Holland)
Lifestyle & Women’s Interests
- Style Guide: My Six Wardrobe Essentials for Summer 2014 (Rochelle Johnson)
- Breastfeeding in the Sanctuary: The Unpardonable Sin? (Lauren Jones)
- 7 Fabulously Unique Wedding Themes (Desiree M. Mondesir)
- Gospel Today presents “This Week” – TBN Founder Dies, Black Nativity Movie, Preachers of LA Finale (Various)
- What Did Dr. Martin Luther King Say about Same-Sex Relationships? (Roland Hairston)
- 20 Quotes from ‘Phenomenal Woman,’ Maya Angelou (Desiree M. Mondesir)
- 5 False Gospels & How to Identify Them (Desiree M. Mondesir)
- If You Don’t Stand with Israel, You’re Not Saved, Part I (Desiree M. Mondesir)
- The Problem with Planned Parenthood (Desiree M. Mondesir)
*Our Top Posts are updated on a weekly basis.
For even more content, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel!
OUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Please Note: Although we love and celebrate Gospel music, it is not our primary focus.